Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil pressure gauge reading

+4
charliemk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
st1allstar
richvans
8 posters

Go down

Oil pressure gauge reading Empty Oil pressure gauge reading

Post by richvans Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm

whats sorting of reading should this be on tick over?

mine is barely above 1 , engine seems fine but just interested to what others show

cheers rich
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Oil pressure gauge reading Empty Re: Oil pressure gauge reading

Post by st1allstar Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

mines exactly the same always has been
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 pm

My lancia engine is the same about 1 to 2 bar on tick over and then go's up to 3 at about 4000 rpm
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 am

Ok thanks, one less thing to worry about !

I'm still getting a misfire/splutter right at full revs, i've tried changing / uprating, fuel pump, fuel filter, adding FSE Fuel pressure reg , changed plugs, leads, dizzi, etc, any ideas ?

Maybe the set up timing is a bit out, i've read the electronics adjust the timing, but it has to be set up with the position of crank shaft and dizzi first

Maybe i need a rev limiter lol!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by charliemk1 Wed May 29, 2013 9:29 am

Don't believe anything Italian electrics tell you Very Happy
charliemk1
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by charliemk1 Wed May 29, 2013 9:52 am

I know the Mk1 can rev until it blows up... Does the Mk2 have a built in rev limiter?
charliemk1
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Wed May 29, 2013 9:01 pm

No built in rev limiter, unless mines not going high enough near it!

My X19 used to rev really high, maybe the combination of boost and full revs is different on a turbo engine so doesn't like higher revs

I might try a rev limiter then, as its still accelerates nice and holds boost until it splutters if i'm late changing gear!

I'll try fitting the T25 turbo with the 1bar forge actuator first, that ready to go in now i've had the oil feed made up
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by gtirx2 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:26 am

charliemk1 wrote:I know the Mk1 can rev until it blows up... Does the Mk2 have a built in rev limiter?

Tryed this once for a few miles down the road in my old uno in 2nd Laughing Embarassed

At a guess it was at about 8.5k on the flat and on the down hill 8.7kish,took it like a champ Laughing

I always though that it was only the mk1 that did not have a rev limiter and the mk2s did?
Are you sure your splutter is not you just hitting your limiter if it has one,does it always happen at the same revs?

As for oil pressure mine is the same.

gtirx2
gtirx2

https://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:52 am

Yeah I need to check the revs at which its doing it, when the cars running again!

Need to put the new T25 turbo back on tomorrow, i finally got it all plumbed in (bloody tight fit had to rotate it a few times so it missed the gear linkages!) and got the car started (changed the water pump while i had the manifold off aswell), but had a fair bit of smoke in the engine bay lol so it all came off again..., thought a gasket might have had a leak

I think the smoke may have been from the nylon burning in new stainless nylock nuts that i used on the exhaust manifold Embarassed as i ran out of plain nuts

I'll try it again tomorrow, be interesting to see how different it spools up etc, the standard turbo was in great condition, so if its too laggy, it can go back on
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by UJA Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 am

My old mk2 had a rev limiter, im sure all mk2s do. It was a long time ago now but im sure it cut in at about 6,800/6,900 rpm. I remember it cutting in very harshly, popping flames on it very often.

UJA
2nd gear
2nd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 am

Yeah thats about when it cuts in! lol

Its very harsh, i would have thought it would hold the revs at a certain level rather than making the engine misfire / lose power?!

Do the aftermarket limiters hold it at the top set rev level? (to avoid the splutter!)
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by rod_dude Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 am

First uno turbo oil pressure gauge used to go up to 2 when cold and stay there until warmed up, once warm it would idle at about 0.5 then go up with the revs to about 1.5.

Second uno would stay pretty much at 0.75 all the time

Third uno would be somewhere between the two above. When cold upto 1,5. When warm idle at 0.5 but move up to about 1.25 when revving.

May differ depending on oil viscosity & ambient temperature I guess
rod_dude
rod_dude
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by hakydan Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm

richvans wrote:Yeah I need to check the revs at which its doing it, when the cars running again!

Need to put the new T25 turbo back on tomorrow, i finally got it all plumbed in (bloody tight fit had to rotate it a few times so it missed the gear linkages!) and got the car started (changed the water pump while i had the manifold off aswell), but had a fair bit of smoke in the engine bay lol so it all came off again...,  thought a gasket might have had a leak

I think the smoke may have been from the nylon burning in new stainless nylock nuts that i used on the exhaust manifold :oops:as i ran out of plain nuts

I'll try it again tomorrow, be interesting to see how different it spools up etc, the standard turbo was in great condition, so if its too laggy, it can go back on
Will be interesting to see how you get on with the T25 - Could you let us know how you get on?Smile
hakydan
hakydan
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 am

Re T25, yeah it went ok!..., had some lag, but when it got going over 3500 revs it really pulled.

Trouble was it smoked, so i've put the standard one back on! I'll try a home rebuild kit over the winter.

For buzzing around town and general driving i prefer the quicker spooling smaller turbo!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by hakydan Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

richvans wrote:Re T25, yeah it went ok!..., had some lag, but when it got going over 3500 revs it really pulled.

Trouble was it smoked, so i've put the standard one back on! I'll try a home rebuild kit over the winter.

For buzzing around town and general driving i prefer the quicker spooling smaller turbo!
Am I right in thinking its a 'new' T25? The reason I ask is if it is, mine smoked too. After a little investigation I found it to be the crankcase pressure was higher than what the turbo oil seal is designed to take, so I disconnected the crankcase breather and the smoke cleared:)
hakydan
hakydan
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 am

It was a second hand one, but doesn't have much play, no more that the standard one i took off. I drove it for 100 miles hoping it would clear, maybe a build up or maybe as not used for while, but it seemed to get worse!

I've already disconnected the crankcase breather that now goes to a catch tank (i'd recommend this as less hot air/waterfilled going into the fuel mix, it seems to fill up fairly quickly with water!)

The only other thing that was different is i had it set up with a forge actuator, set up with a 1bar spring. I think i may have the tension on the spring rod too high as it seemed to take ages to hit full boost! especially in lower gears? Maybe that's a characteristic of fitting a bigger turbo?

All good fun trying these different set ups!, i've got another standard turbo, but has a stage 2 mod, so the compressor wheel is the same size as the T25, so that will be the next swap, might suit my set up better
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down