Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod

4 posters

Go down

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod Empty Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod

Post by jas_racing Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 am

Evening all Smile

After successfully getting the boost gauge on my mk1 digi dash up and running I thought I'd knock up a 'How To' on how I did it in case anyone else is looking to do the same.

Firstly, the signal to drive the little bargraph boost gauge is outputted by the Microplex ECU on pin 23. Usefully, the pin is already connected in the main connector block via a light green cable, as shown in the below picture:

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod SAM_2162_zps65e9cc43

Note: the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual incorrectly shows this cable as being coloured "SN" i.e. pink/black.

Tracing this cable through the loom it ends up within the 3-way spade connector block that connects the ignition loom to the main loom (somewhere behind the battery tray towards the back of the engine bay), as in the below picture:

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod SAM_2167_zps7fb9f7bd

On a non-Digi-dash car this cable terminates within the 3-way connector block - on the picture above all 3 pins/holes are occupied going in (from the right) but only 2 on the other side are, with the empty hole on the female side being the one you're after to connect to. In my case I was reworking the entire loom anyway and while doing so I added a female spade terminal (with latch) with a length of green cable to run on within the main loom, through the bulkhead and onwards to the back of the digi dash.

Once there the cable needs to be connected to the tab highlighted in green on the below picture:

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod DigiRear_zps4dbac550

To do mine I extracted one of the right-angled copper terminals from a spare electric window loom I had so that I could connect to the tab 'properly' and within the original multi connector. There is also a gnd connection that needs to be made, without which the digi-dash won't work at all, to the tab highlighted in black in the above picture.

And that's it - having connected as per the above your boost gauge should work! Smile
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod Empty Re: Mk1 Digi Dash - Boost Gauge Mod

Post by gtirx2 Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 am

Very nicely done mate and are first "how to guide" thumbsup 
gtirx2
gtirx2

https://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

excellant guide
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:30 am

Top work, thanks for making it so clear and solving the mystery of the digi dash boost gauge after all these years"
Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_racing Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 am

Glad to help solve this mystery. In a way it's fitting that I sorted this on my new Uno as I retro-fitted the digi-dash to my original one back in the late 90's but never had the boost gauge working. I remember thinking "there must be a wire from the ecu that needs to be connected to the back of the digi-dash" but never got around to trying to identify it and the car was 'retired' without me having sussed it. All these years later I almost got emotional when I finally had it working!
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down