Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleeding brakes - pressure regulator

2 posters

Go down

Bleeding brakes -  pressure regulator Empty Bleeding brakes - pressure regulator

Post by richvans Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am

I think i must have air trapped forward of the pressure regulator as i'm getting no bubbles when bleeding the rear brakes, but its still spongy!

When you push the brake the pedal the piston of the rear brake pressure regulator pushes out like a actuator, then goes back in when the pedal is released

Bleeding processes say to bleed brakes with a pressure regulator open, so will i need to pull out the regulator's piston by hand/mole grips and hold it open to get the air out the system? anyone had fun doing this?!!

Also its hard to set up this valve since the car is stripped out and lowered so the setup in the haynes is probably not going to work, its making my head hurt lol!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Bleeding brakes -  pressure regulator Empty Re: Bleeding brakes - pressure regulator

Post by richvans Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:23 am

well got it bled!, just pulled the regulator in and out while bleeding using a pressure system, seemed to work - bit of a faff:roll: 

Fitted bigger calipers on the rear today - mk3 Golf GTi, straight swap even the pads fitted, hope it passes MOT!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Bleeding brakes -  pressure regulator Empty Re: Bleeding brakes - pressure regulator

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:10 am

richvans wrote:well got it bled!, just pulled the regulator in and out while bleeding using a pressure system, seemed to work - bit of a faff:roll: 

Fitted bigger calipers on the rear today - mk3 Golf GTi, straight swap even the pads fitted, hope it passes MOT!
Do you no if the mk3 vr6 rears are the same?

Ben
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:27 am

Sorry i dont know, get the seller to measure the fixing holes.

The calipers are much better than the fiat ones, the handbrake works loads better but with bigger pistons but the rears will lock up easy, i fitted an adjustable proportioning valve near the master cylinder with the turn nob inside the bulk head. Got them set up nice for Brands Hatch. Was getting 1.04 laps before the head gasket started leaking lol!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Ok thanks my dad has a vr6 and i will have the calipers off that as they are the same.My handbreak has always be shit and was thinking of fiting a hydraulic one but still keeping the uno one for the mot.
Are you using the uno turbo discs and pads?

Ben
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:35 am

Yeah used the existing turbo discs and pads - result, you will need to fit a proportioning valve the rears locking up was dangerous!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down