Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has used Punto GT3 management on their Uno?

+2
le1gh
doody
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who has used Punto GT3 management on their Uno? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has used Punto GT3 management on their Uno?

Post by st1allstar Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 pm

you have to use a gt1 ecu because this is the only one which does not have a immobiliser, you could use a gt2 or gt3 ecu but you would need a chip which disables the immobiliser

the only difference which would concern us is the gt3 has the idle control valve on the inlet manifold where as the gt1 does not, all the other sensors and afm are all the same

you could use any gt loom and make it work,

you cant use the gt inlet manifold on a mk1 engine as the head ports are a different shape. it might be possible though Im not sure I decided to stick with the mk1 inlet which can easily be modified to work with the gt ecu

if you can get a gt donor car cheap enough then go for it but you dont really need than many parts, even less if you are doing it to a mk2 engine
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Who has used Punto GT3 management on their Uno? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who has used Punto GT3 management on their Uno?

Post by richvans Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Ok cheers for info

I already have a Mk2 inlet manifold with the ports shaped for a mk1 head! on that avanti engine. So could maybe use that with the Gt TPS

Would a minimal list be?

GT1 Ecu
GT Loom
GT Injectors
GT TPS
GT Knock
Gt Phase
GT Cam Pulley
GT Crank Pulley
GT Afm
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 pm

all the information you need I have listed in this thread
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

Yeah trying to make it clear in my head! all, having never had a GT, good info cheers, so i take it the old distributor and rotor is scrapped which i can see as a great update in itself.

Sorry just a few more??!

Why did you use the alternator, + drive shaft etc, wouldn't the Uno alternator work with the Ecu etc? i guess its do with the new coil?

Also did you patch the GT engine loom into the existing Uno car loom?
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:49 pm

Yes the coil pack replaces the distributor and rotor arm, the punto gt alternator and water pump has to be used as the the uno has a v belt where as gt is ribbed, it's is because of the crank pully

The gt loom replaces the uno ignition and fuel ecu looms

Bare in mind this is all for a mk1 I have never had a mk2 uno turbo
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:34 am

st1allstar wrote:if the only reason to fit the punto gt engine is because of the ecu then dont bother everything that is needed to make the ecu work fits onto the mk1 block,

you said to start with you had a mk2 engine? is it a mk1 bottom end with mk2 head and cambox?

its always been a debate on which block is strongest but i know someone who has a punto gt producing 335bhp and 299lb ft torque with a gt3 block,

if your current engine is in good condition then just fit the ecu and all parts onto it,

i use punto gt flywheel and genuine valeo clutch

Hi Mark
Are you still using the standard Valeo clutch and pressure plate successfully with above standard power?

Thanks

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:24 am

yes, standard punto gt valeo clutch can take 300bhp
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks mate thats what I'll go with then.

Cheers
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by G7 UNO Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:32 pm

i have also done this conversion with a few bits put indiffrent places to marks but overall the same conversion, if anyone needs any help just ask.

you can use all gt3 ecu and loom if you wish and just fit a gt1 chip in it and use gt1 icv.
the above works fine.

G7 UNO
Starting
Starting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2