Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!! Empty Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!!

Post by Slim Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:22 am

Odd request I know but I'm looking for a cheap set of light wheels for my hillclimb car and thought I might try these (the anthracite 5 spoke directional ones).

Cheers

Liam

Last edited by Slim on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!! Empty Re: Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!!

Post by st1allstar Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:01 am

gt wheels aint light, i used to have a set
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!! Empty Re: Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!!

Post by Slim Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Hi,

They are probably lighter than my Compomotive MO5 1674's. This is also about tyre choices, I have much more choice if I have smaller wheels and they cost less. Only down side is I will have to swap my Brembos for GT front calipers.

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:39 am

Still looking for this info if some one can help! Pretty please!!!

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 am

This might help a little, i moved loads of wheels today i seem to be stock piling them!

These weights are with good tread tyres

Punto GT Mk1 14" - 14.5kg

Compomotive rally wheels 13" x 5.5 - 12kg (i use these for trackdays)

Compomotive 5 spokes 13" x 6 - 12kg
Compomotive 5 spokes 13" x 8 - 14kg

Team Dynamics 15" - 15kg

Lancia Integrale 15" wheels - 17kg

Those punto GT wheels are pretty heavy, i noticed the difference in acceleration after putting the lighter compos on!
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks, very helpful!

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 am

Rich,

What brakes are you running under the 13'' wheels?

Liam

Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:43 am

Just standard calipers on the front, with grooved discs, Mk3 golf calipers on the back (bigger pistons than standard) again grooved discs and hard pads. I need to remember to warm them up otherwise they are vague when cold, i've had a few scares going to the shops etc!!

Had to fit a bias valve after fitting the rears., as they locked up, all good now.

They seem fine even at Goodwood in the summer, although overheated a little, could do with fitting cold air feeds to them, but have now changed to higher boiling point fluid

I've done track days with the 15" wheels and 13" wheels and much prefer the 13"s they are more predictable. May squeal a bit more but more fun.
I also have 3 sets of 13" x 8" but would need to fit some drifting type arch extensions, might try them one day reckon they would be super sticky !
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Richvans whats the et of the 13 by 8s? I'm after a set to put some drag slicks on.
Ben
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 am

Hi mate, the backspace measures about 110mm, the same as the 5.5j rally compomotives i have on it now. Iv'e tried them on and they don't foul when turning etc, but not driven it with them on. They stick out loads out the side as they are deep dish.

I bought the wheels for my X19 as i had a set with 6x13" on the front and 8x13" on the rear, with 205 tyres stretched on the 8x13"s, but picked up 2 more sets so i could fit the 8x13" on the front aswell as they look super fat!

Those Unos in that drag racing link with the fat front wheels look very similar
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

slim when i had a set of punto gt wheels on my uno i remember weighing one cant remember how much it was but it wasnt far off double what my oz superleggeras weigh

to fit them you do need spacers on the back

Does anyone have a Punto GT alloy they can weigh for me? URGENT!!!!!!! DSCF0431
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:30 pm

That looks really nice. What size Superleggeras do you have and what brakes are under them?

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:36 pm

15" and i have 284mm fiat coupe discs with wms 4pot calipers
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 pm

I'd really like to get 14'' as tyres are half the price of 15''/16'' but still want big brakes.

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm

st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Are they any good? I want to use Kumho V70A super soft, I need super soft as the car is so light and when doing hillclimb they don't get any heat up time.
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 pm

i've not used mine yet so cant say but i know people who have
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down