Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cv joints...

+3
Louie
Mintys-turbo-mk1
LondonTurbo
7 posters

Go down

Cv joints... Empty Cv joints...

Post by LondonTurbo Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey guys quick questions best place to ask I guess I wanted to know the inner cv joint for the uno turbos are they the same in the back as In the front

Thank you

Londonturbo
Bips
LondonTurbo
LondonTurbo
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Cv joints... Empty Re: Cv joints...

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 am

Do you mean are the inners the same as the outers if so no they aren't
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTurbo Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 am

No i meant are the front inner ones same as the ones inthe back... because i ordered some thank to ebay the guy sent wrong ones and cant seem to find them anywhere i need two for the front..
LondonTurbo
LondonTurbo
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Louie Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 am

CV joints are at each end of the drive shaft, so only have them up front on the Uno.

Not sure what they called on RWD or 4WD at the back lol.

Have you tried your local motor factors or somewhere like Euro Car Parts?

Don't know which you need but here is one http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Fiat_Uno_1.4_1992/p/car-parts/car-transmission/transmission-parts/cv-joint-kits/?657653020&1&db282491e650c141f09d02460cbf12e4c075d055&000095

I'd shop on ebay as a last resort not a first point as it's a rip off and hard to return goods when someone who knows little about Uno Turbos gets it wrong.
Louie
Louie
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 am

Sorry mate I don't no what you mean lol put some pic up if you can
Ben.
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyuno Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 pm

The rears are a stub axle and you don't have any driveshafts at the rear. It not that common to wear out inner cv joints unless you have had a split boot for a long while and all the grease is gone. You will probably get away with taking the inner cv off the shaft, take it a part and clean it with petrol put a new boot kit and pack it back up with grease.

johnnyuno
Starting
Starting

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTurbo Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:09 pm

See guys you can tell I'm a amateur at cars aint done it before buy thanx for the on going help and if anyone knows any place where I can get some would be great euro car parts don't sell them
Any longer if anyone can help be great :-) thanx guys

London turbo

Bips
LondonTurbo
LondonTurbo
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Cv joints... Empty HELP PLZZZZZZ

Post by LondonTurbo Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:50 am

Guys im just going to buy new ones anyways i wanted to know are these the right ones for a 1989 mk uno turbo f reg

the buttom link is of the inner cv joint and the one below that for the outer rather change them both

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-FIAT-LANCIA-DRIVESHAFT-INNER-CV-JOINT-CV-BOOT-KIT-BRAND-NEW-/160987331167?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AUno&hash=item257b97ba5f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200877113170?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

its just that i sometimes get a little clicking noise when i acclerate or turn the steering and when i put foot down on the clutch it goes and when i raise it again hear a slight clicking noise again when acclerating but then sometimes it just totaly goes away.. MYSTERY just the one thing that i cant seem to find what is wrong with it. i took it to a garage and i was told that i would need inner cv joints that the bearing are messed or somthing so need new ones guys u the pros here help please...

LondonTurbo

Bips
LondonTurbo
LondonTurbo
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

my mum quite a few years ago had a bran new g plate panda 1000s.
she had it for a few years but it developed this same noise, it turned out to be the thrust bearing which was a common thing on the panda's we were told.

so if yours go quiet when you press the clutch then i'm guessing it's something to do with that, that's just my opinion though.

this reminds me i have to sort mine out. my uno's clutch pedal sank to the floor and made a sort of twang noise a few weeks ago when it was up for sale, i haven't sorted it or seen my little uno for weeks now. must give it some attention Crying or Very sad
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Cv joints... Empty CV JOINTS

Post by LondonTurbo Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 am

Doddy thanx for the reply back and sheding some light on this very much appericate that but where would i be able to purchase some thurst bearing for the uno turbo its hard enough to get parts for it..

Sad to hear you got problems with your UNO TURBO i been pretty lazy with mine just going to wash it and shampoo it today so it looks nice other then that nothing been lazy really

I willl crack on with the car next week... think in your spare time spend some time with your uno Wink..

but doddy if you dont mind can tell me where to get this item..

Thank you

LondonTurbo

Bips
LondonTurbo
LondonTurbo
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 am

if it's the thrust bearing you may as well get a clutch kit.
my mums ran for a ages with a noisy thrust bearing
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:23 am

like doody says it could well b the thrust bearing which you can get on there own but like doody also says u might aswell change the whole clutch while the box is of and a noisy thrust bearing is common on quite a few cars i have had a few and they have never failed on me chances are a new one could also b noisy as i have had new ones that have been noisy too
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by unot190bhp Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 am

and while ur doing the clutch and thrust bearing its not a bad time to put new cv boots on and regrease the cv joints for all the cv boots cost its defo worth doin plus ul be puting new gearbox oil in the gearbox when its put back on. thats what i would do saves alot of hastle in the long run
unot190bhp
unot190bhp
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down