Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism

2 posters

Go down

Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism Empty Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism

Post by youknowturbo Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:36 pm

we need to keep the website more active so thought id try here,
im after a mk1 bottom change box in working condition or a top change
ive had no end of trouble with my gearbox and puts me off using the car with it being noisy
also has anyone got a top change gear mechanism bracket that goes ontop of the steering rack
i had 3 at one point, sold them all on like a div
cheers, J

youknowturbo
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism Empty Re: Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism

Post by Slim Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:10 am

J,
Rebuild it. I did mine. The only difficulty I had was finding shims to preload the new diff bearings.

Liam
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism Empty Re: Wanted mk1 or mk2, gearbox, and top change gear mechanism

Post by youknowturbo Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Slim wrote:J,
Rebuild it. I did mine. The only difficulty I had was finding shims to preload the new diff bearings.

Liam

cheers mate but car now sold, so dont need to worry about it anymore, fingers crossed my top change box for my reshell is mint

youknowturbo
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down