Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbo Rebuild

3 posters

Go down

Turbo Rebuild Empty Turbo Rebuild

Post by richvans Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:20 am

Had a go at rebuilding a T25 i bought last year, It has minimal shaft play but it but it smoked like a badboy!

It was surprisingly straight forward, quite nice to do in the garage rather than working outside on the car!. I followed some of the video's on youtube using a 360 bearing kit. The shaft was all good but replaced the bearings, seals etc, oil galleries were all clogged up with oil cooked hard

I'll have to see if its ok when fitting after i've done the head gasket, it should be balanced as i marked the shaft, nut, wheel etc and it went back together the same.

Anyone else had a go at this? good / bad results?
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Turbo Rebuild Empty Re: Turbo Rebuild

Post by st1allstar Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:18 am

a friend rebuilt a t25 for his punto gt and basically did the same as you with the 360 degree bearing and all that, he didnt bother having it balanced its still on his punto now and it was mapped by fcp and made 188bhp on the standard engine
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by unot190bhp Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:33 pm

my friend did one aswell and it lasted a mere 5 mins b4 it blew the seals again because he didnt bleed the turbo up so make sure an take the oil return pipe off nd turn the engine over until the oil comes out the return pipe b4 starting the engine
unot190bhp
unot190bhp
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Yeah i was gona turn it over with the dizzy cap off, then check the return pipe as its just a samco.

The engine has also been rebuilt, so need to check the oil pump is working as its been off before i fire it up (the engine shouldve gone in my X19, had it rebuilt last year, but i'm gona stick it in the Uno  Very Happy 
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down