Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel Tank MOT fail

4 posters

Go down

Fuel Tank MOT fail Empty Fuel Tank MOT fail

Post by richvans Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 pm

The Uno failed on a few things Sad , one being the fuel tank has a leak, look like i've hit some thing recently

I could find decent second hand mk2 tank - anyone? and replace it or change it for an in-car fuel cell - anyone done this? info seems a bit vague on whats required MOT wise, obviously i want it to be safe doing trackdays etc

Also they failed my new fixed Sparco bucket seat - drivers side as it doesn't have any forwards / backwards movement, the old passenger bucket seat does - albeit via bolts, so they said to swap them over for the retest!

richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Fuel Tank MOT fail Empty Re: Fuel Tank MOT fail

Post by Unograle Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 am

PM sent Rich
Unograle
Unograle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:51 am

Also they failed my new fixed Sparco bucket seat - drivers side as it doesn't have any forwards / backwards movement, the old passenger bucket seat does - albeit via bolts, so they said to swap them over for the retest!

Ive got both mine fixed, Is yours like this

Fuel Tank MOT fail 100_0230

Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:04 am

Yes mate I have similar OMP mounts on the one that they failed! although yours has a few more adjustable holes so you might be able to argue it!

Its changed since last year and my MOT place are usually pretty helpful... , my older passenger seat has the old style ally angle with loads of adjustable holes, he said i could swap them over for the MOT retest! bit of a faff!

It also failed on the rear brake Compensator Valve - this looks seized - should the piston be easy to pull in and out by hand? Its mainly for when you have loads of weight in the car, which is never! now its all stripped out, i wonder if its really necessary in a track car!?

richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:58 am

Ok just read this on pistonheads website re the new MOT...

We're also told fixed drivers' seats are acceptable in any vehicle provided the adjusting mechanism has been removed and the seat is now clearly a fixed seat in one position. Simply removing the adjuster lever or locking it in one position won't be acceptable for an MOT.

I'll have to have a word with my MOT tester..
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by unot190bhp Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:26 am

ur mot testers r a pain in the arse up my way ad never get a fail for that
unot190bhp
unot190bhp
4th gear
4th gear