Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mk2 plug configuration

5 posters

Go down

Mk2 plug configuration Empty Mk2 plug configuration

Post by vern Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:42 am

Think my HT leads are in the wrong order, so causing my miss fire no doubt.

Has any one a picture of how they go please on a MK2?

heres a pic of mine can make out Number 1 does that look correct?

Mk2 plug configuration C90930A9-B604-4582-B569-1B68B1FCA62B-6621-00000638FF632B26_zpsb9730881
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Mk2 plug configuration Empty Re: Mk2 plug configuration

Post by youknowturbo Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am

Think This is what your after

Mk2 plug configuration Fiat-uno-ignition-system-circuit

youknowturbo
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:45 am

Cheers mate, is that for a MK1 or are they the same configuration do you know?

Ive wired mine up as per diagram and now the bloody car wont start, turns over, fuel pump is priming but no attempt at fireing Sad

Any think ive killed the ignition module?
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 am

it wont start mate if the plug leads are the wrong way round
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 am

dont think it would kill the ignition module if they were wrong mate
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm

robr33gts wrote:it wont start mate if the plug leads are the wrong way round
Yeah I agree but have them as per that diagram posted ^ and it won't fire up now so a little confused...
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by charliemk1 Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Where is the rotor arm pointing with the timing marks lined up on TDC?
charliemk1
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:40 am

Ok cheers for your input lads, managed to sort the leads out and she kinda fired up but ran lumpy then stalled, cleaned the new plugs up again as they were black and it did the same thing again.

So should i try different injectors in it, ive put ten litres of fresh petrol in it now but still miss fires when running, woudl the crap/old fuel in it still be causing an issue?
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 am

did you flush the old fuel out first if not you could remove the fuel pipe from the rail flush it through a bit with the fuel pump try it if it still does it i would remove the fuel rail and injectors from the manifold plumb and wire them back up and put the injectors in jars or bottles and get someone to turn it over to see if there all working correctly and change your ht leads if you still have the old ones as could b something that simple i would personally change them first
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:59 am

robr33gts wrote:did you flush the old fuel out first if not you could remove the fuel pipe from the rail flush it through a bit with the fuel pump try it if it still does it i would remove the fuel rail and injectors from the manifold plumb and wire them back up and put the injectors in jars or bottles and get someone to turn it over to see if there all working correctly and change your ht leads if you still have the old ones as could b something that simple i would personally change them first

Cheers for the advice Rob appreciate it, the car came with very little fuel in it but it was stale theres no denying it, since then ive put 8litres of fresh in her hopeing to dilute the old crap stuff and burn it through.
Ive changed all the HT leads now but not the ridiculously long coil lead which im struggling to find a new to replace it, would that alone be factor?

I did have the car running and ticking fine with a miss fire but it wouldnt stall, now if i start it she stalls after a little while, gotta be blocked injectors? fuel filter by the tank/pump perhaps?
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 am

have you tried changing the coil itself?
the symptoms you are having happened to me many years ago which turned out to be the coil braking down.
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:18 am

doody wrote:have you tried changing the coil itself?
the symptoms you are having happened to me many years ago which turned out to be the coil braking down.  

I havnt mate, the unit under the suspension plate where the coil lead plugs into you mean? or the ignition Amp could be at fault too
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:20 am

yes mate where the lead plugs in. it's a bit of a stab in the dark but your symptoms are just the same as mine were.
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:24 am

doody wrote:yes mate where the lead plugs in. it's a bit of a stab in the dark but your symptoms are just the same as mine were.

hmmm yeah i know what you mean, had this issue years ago with a few Uno's the ignition amp is weak point and break down, its worth finding a replacement i agree.

Think i will change that, get a new coil lead and put my Punto GT injectors in.

I guess crank shaft sensor could be another factor?
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:26 am

vern wrote:
robr33gts wrote:did you flush the old fuel out first if not you could remove the fuel pipe from the rail flush it through a bit with the fuel pump try it if it still does it i would remove the fuel rail and injectors from the manifold plumb and wire them back up and put the injectors in jars or bottles and get someone to turn it over to see if there all working correctly and change your ht leads if you still have the old ones as could b something that simple i would personally change them first

Cheers for the advice Rob appreciate it, the car came with very little fuel in it but it was stale theres no denying it, since then ive put 8litres of fresh in her hopeing to dilute the old crap stuff and burn it through.
Ive changed all the HT leads now but not the ridiculously long coil lead which im struggling to find a new to replace it, would that alone be factor?

I did have the car running and ticking fine with a miss fire but it wouldnt stall, now if i start it she stalls after a little while, gotta be blocked injectors? fuel filter by the tank/pump perhaps?

could b the filter mate have you tried halfords for the coil lead as its best to change all then you know its not them as i find its a process of elimination i know halfords used to sell single leads in all sorts of lenghts after that i would try the injectors see what sort of flow your getting through them
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by youknowturbo Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 am

in the dark run the car and look all around the coil and leads ect ect for any kind of spark

i used to think that if theres a spark then the car should run fine, a spark is a spark,

NO

my dads pug 205 gt had spark but wouldn't even start we really couldn't understand what was wrong

my oldman got new rotorarm/dizzy cap/plug/ht leads , that car still would not start even after putting easy start in and having a bright spark,,,,

so i told dad to turn the lights off in the garage so i could see a spark leak, bam instantly i could see a tiny blue spark coming out the side of the coil, replaced the next day and vrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooom runs better than its ever run for years

i put my money on a bad spark due to the coil leaking, this is useually caused by leaving the car ignition on half a turn for hours on end

when resting the plugs on the rocker cover we had a beautiful spark but when proper spark testers were used then were orange shitty sparks, so sometime just resting the plugs on a earth and turning the engine does not guarantee the sparks fine,

my dollas r on the coil

oh just noticed your car is a mk2 uno, i dont know if they have a actual coil pack with 5 ht leads or a little 1 plug coil like mine and me ol mans motor but it dont really matter there both unreliable

another example sister in laws megane scenic they have 4 seperate coils, when testing the coils with a spark plug on the rocker cover all 4 coils showed brilliant white sparks, so i started replacing air flow meters ect nothing worked, so luckily i know my local scrapman, he gave me a coil off a clio and said to me honestly mate, just try it, i said nah mate the sparks brilliant and jumps about 2 inchs, he said just take it and try it,
so replace 1 and no still same, next nope still same, next vrrrrrroooooooom i was like WWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF! LOL

you be surprised give it a go, no tester will diagnose it, only trying a known working coil will work

youknowturbo
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks matey it is pointing towards the coil like you suggest so will source a replacement I reckon.
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down