Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpet cleaning

4 posters

Go down

Carpet cleaning Empty Carpet cleaning

Post by Chas Uno Sat May 25, 2013 11:59 pm

First post in this section!

I'm about to remove the carpet (a lovely shade of 80's beige!) from my project 70SX. While it is out, it's a good opportunity to give it a proper clean. Has any one had their carpet cleaned, and if so, what is a recommended way of getting it done? I'm thinking that I could either take it to a professional cleaning company and get them to do it, or hire an industrial 'WetVac' type vacuum cleaner. Or even just get some carpet shampoo and DIY it out in the back garden. I've never done this before, so not sure what is a good/ efficient/ cost effective way of getting it done.

Recommendations from anyone please?

Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Carpet cleaning Empty Re: Carpet cleaning

Post by charliemk1 Sun May 26, 2013 12:44 am

Pressure washer scrubbing brush and hang them out to dry.

Carpet cleaning Picture111_zpsbd0d0e4d
charliemk1
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by markp38 Sun May 26, 2013 12:45 am

ive used shampoo from one of those rug cleaners you can hire, a scrubbing brush and lots of elbow grease, Ive also used a power wash turned down before as well and that was very effective to finish off and clean all the soap out.
markp38
markp38
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks for the heads up guys!

I've never cleaned a carpet before, and after 24 years in my 70SX mine is a little grubby though in good shape otherwise (virtually no wear nor damage.) I've seen some people's carpets that have obviously been cleaned and some look virtually brand new. I was assuming they were done professionally they looked so good.

From what you guys are saying, I can do as good a job myself with carpet shampoo, a scrubbing brush and a pressure washer? What size/ kind of scrubbing brush are we talking about? And is that it - just scrub away and give it a rinse/ blast with clean water? Also, any particular carpet shampoo recommended, or will a general type from a supermarket do?

Will be interesting to see how much colour I can get back with my lovely 80's shag pile beige carpet!

Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Unograle Sun May 26, 2013 12:30 pm

First things first Chas, if you have excessive grease or ground in stains, you need to invest in some panel wipe. This solvent shifts most things due to its superior solvent properties, that in itself will remove unsightly marks / stains.
Then you want to move on to run of the mill detergents that can be, widely purchased to run in a pet vax with an upholstery attachment to go over the whole lot, pre spray the more dirty areas first and you can't go wrong really mate.
The shit they pull out from upholstery and fabrics is impressive, it's quite pleasing to see the dirty water go down the sink to know that you have done a thorough job after a bit of elbow grease
I invested in one as you can use them around the house and do yearly spring cleans, they work really well on seats too Chas ! Idea
Unograle
Unograle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down