Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Injectors

3 posters

Go down

Which Injectors Empty Which Injectors

Post by hakydan Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:34 am

Hi all,
Well the finish line is now in sight and the final bit are getting done. Im also trying to get everything together for when the car goes off to be mapped and setup, so heres my question; What injectors should I get that will work with the setup ive got?
hakydan
hakydan
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Which Injectors Empty Re: Which Injectors

Post by gtirx2 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 am

Tough call without knowing what power you are after and not really knowing the full spec of your turbo,also what ecu setup are you going for?

Proberly best asking the mapper tbh,if you are getting it custom mapped you can proberly keep the stock fpr and stock fuel pressure though, if like you say you spec you injectors correctly.
If you are getting a custom map i think you are also best sticking to the 1-1 ratio fpr's like the stock one other than the fse 1-1.7's,but as above you should not really need one if the stock one is ok.

Tbh i aint got to much of an idea on injectors but i would of though for 200bhp+ on the stock 3bar base pressure you would proberly be looking at 270-330cc ones but take that with a pinch of salt lol

Think you turbo is a t25 but i am unsure on the wheel specs,if you know the exducer and inducer size and can find the correct compressor map on the garrett site that can give you an idea of what power the comp wheel is good for.

It also depends on other factors like how well the exhaust side can power it but i think the general rule of thumb is each lb of air the comp wheel can flow is around equal to 10bhp.
Thats not set in stone but can give a rough idea to what power can be made, but you also need to work out where the turbo is most efficent with in its range and your engine.
Its been an age since i have looked into it tbh and i cant remember it all now but to truely work out where in the compressor map you engine is you need to know its volumetric efficiency at them revs,it real hard to understand tbh but as above can give an idea as to what power the turbo can produce just from the lbs min.

Not read it yet but i think this proberly explains it abit better...

http://www.enginelogics.com/cmaps.html

I think there is also a minimum amount of boost that should really be run to also allow you turbo to spool up at its best,what this is though i would not know as it varys from turbo to turbo.
But ie a huge turbo running low boost wont spool as well as it should and will, well feel laggy lol,i see this mentioned all the time with 3071's on the gtirs,run them at one bar and there crap and dont really come alive until 1.5bar+.

Like i say all i can do is guess and tbh i aint got much hands on experiance with unos and can only go by stuff i have read.

So based on pure guesstimates lol and by your rough specs t25 .64 exhaust housing,piper ultimate,tubular manifold etc i would guess it would make 210-220bhp with maybe 1.2-1.4bar boost and proberly hit full boost by 4k and be happy with a 7.5k rev limit,a complete guess lol.

Also while i remember i would recommend looking into engine oils and cam bedding in techniques before you even fire her up.
gtirx2
gtirx2

https://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by hakydan Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

gtirx2 wrote:Tough call without knowing what power you are after and not really knowing the full spec of your turbo,also what ecu setup are you going for?

Proberly best asking the mapper tbh,if you are getting it custom mapped you can proberly keep the stock fpr and stock fuel pressure though, if like you say you spec you injectors correctly.
If you are getting a custom map i think you are also best sticking to the 1-1 ratio fpr's like the stock one other than the fse 1-1.7's,but as above you should not really need one if the stock one is ok.

Tbh i aint got to much of an idea on injectors but i would of though for 200bhp+ on the stock 3bar base pressure you would proberly be looking at 270-330cc ones but take that with a pinch of salt lol

Think you turbo is a t25 but i am unsure on the wheel specs,if you know the exducer and inducer size and can find the correct compressor map on the garrett site that can give you an idea of what power the comp wheel is good for.

It also depends on other factors like how well the exhaust side can power it but i think the general rule of thumb is each lb of air the comp wheel can flow is around equal to 10bhp.
Thats not set in stone but can give a rough idea to what power can be made, but you also need to work out where the turbo is most efficent with in its range and your engine.
Its been an age since i have looked into it tbh and i cant remember it all now but to truely work out where in the compressor map you engine is you need to know its volumetric efficiency at them revs,it real hard to understand tbh but as above can give an idea as to what power the turbo can produce just from the lbs min.

Not read it yet but i think this proberly explains it abit better...

http://www.enginelogics.com/cmaps.html

I think there is also a minimum amount of boost that should really be run to also allow you turbo to spool up at its best,what this is though i would not know as it varys from turbo to turbo.
But ie a huge turbo running low boost wont spool as well as it should and will, well feel laggy lol,i see this mentioned all the time with 3071's on the gtirs,run them at one bar and there crap and dont really come alive until 1.5bar+.

Like i say all i can do is guess and tbh i aint got much hands on experiance with unos and can only go by stuff i have read.

So based on pure guesstimates lol and by your rough specs t25 .64 exhaust housing,piper ultimate,tubular manifold etc i would guess it would make 210-220bhp with maybe 1.2-1.4bar boost and proberly hit full boost by 4k and be happy with a 7.5k rev limit,a complete guess lol.

Also while i remember i would recommend looking into engine oils and cam bedding in techniques before you even fire her up.

OK, so the spec is Piper 285 cam, Garratt t25 with .48 comp and .64 exhaust with 360 rollers and lightened impellers, ceramic tubular manifold and Omex engine management.
hakydan
hakydan
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:14 pm

i was advised by leighton who is going to map my uno to fit 330cc injectors otherwise the duty would be too high
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down