Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uno Mk1 & Mk2 Cam lift spec

Go down

Uno Mk1 & Mk2 Cam lift spec  Empty Uno Mk1 & Mk2 Cam lift spec

Post by myronx19 Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:35 am

Hi,

I have a Mk1 Turbo motor that I'm rebuilding. I just bought a Mk2 camshaft as an "upgrade", but I have a feeling that I was sent the wrong cam. I have measured the lift of the Mk2 cam as IN 9.0mm and EX 8.3mm

The Haynes manual states the Mk2 being IN 9.5mm EX 8.8mm. There is no spec for the Mk1 Turbo cam in the Haynes manual, but the Mk1 cam I have is 8.8mm on both intake and exhaust which I believe is correct.

I will measure these cams using a degree wheel while in a cambox, but the lift is a good starting point. I bought this cam off of ebay, and this is now the second cam from different sellers that don't measure to what the specifications say. In this case, the seller is suggesting that the Punto GT cam is 9.5 and 8.8, and the UnoT is truly 9 and 8.3 - which is FAR less lift on the exhaust than the Mk1.

Any help, or scan/pic of the original manual with cam specs would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!!

Myron

myronx19
Starting
Starting

Back to top Go down