Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo?

3 posters

Go down

How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo? Empty How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo?

Post by Slim Tue May 20, 2014 5:40 am

How are people fitting their adjustable FPR's to the fuel rail? What adapter is best?

Photos appreciated.

Cheers
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo? Empty Re: How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo?

Post by Slim Wed May 21, 2014 1:03 am

Think I'm sorted now but still interested how people have plumbed theirs in.

Cheers
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo? Empty Re: How to fit an adjustable FPR to my Mk2 Turbo?

Post by richvans Thu May 22, 2014 7:25 am

The FSE one comes with an adaptor, plugs straight in / straight swap
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 am

Thanks for the reply, I have one arriving tomorrow. Smile 

Cheers
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 am

Cool, you can buy a separate gauge to help set it up, that screws into it, then you can take it off and insert a blank piece once set up

Have you got a uprated pump aswell?
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Thu May 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah I have a gauge on the way too.

This is the pump I have: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/fuel-pump-fiat-uno-turbo-ie-1-4-0580464037-069-fp606

Did it help with your fueling much? What base pressure are you running?
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi I went for an uprated one used on RS Turbos

this was from JJC who i got it from

The pump below has the same fittings as the original Fiat pump but generates a higher pressure and flow. This will require an adjustable regulator to get the best out the extra fuelling. We can supply these if required.

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/fuel-pumps/automotive-plumbing-solutions-fuel-injection-pump-0580254909-bosch-0580254909-otp020-replacement

check that it has the correct fittings if you get one!

I can't remeber pressure, 3.5 i think, i need to check it actually might up it a bit since fitting piper cam! although plugs look a nice colour at the mo
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Actually, this is the pump I have.

Sytec/Walbro FP603: http://www.advancedautomotives.com/sytec-fse-fuel-injection-replacement-pump-fp603-1759-p.asp

What cam do you have fitted? Do you not have a AFR meter fitted? Also, are you running standard management?
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri May 23, 2014 8:26 am

Yeah still standard management, and no AFR Meter, would like to fit one. The engine is fairly standard, except piper 270 cam, FSE, RS fuel pump, Hybrid - standard turbo, medium size behind bumper FMIC, paddle clutch

Just want a bullet proof set up for track days, i did 4 full days, but the last one the head gasket finally gave up, the engines been fully rebuilt since then, and still running it in / tweaking! got a omex rev limiter with shift light to fit as seem to get a back fire / loss of power at top of revs - @7000. Do all Uno turbos do this? My non turbo X19 with similar bottom end etc would rev upto 8000!

richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Fri May 23, 2014 9:09 am

I don't get any backfire. I used to but not sure which engine that was. I try and keep away from 7000rpm myself! Smile Your x19 has probably got the shorter stroke like the 1301 Turbo?
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 am

I'm not sure exactly at which revs it does it, it revs so easy and is rapid through the gears its easy to leave your foot in ! Hence a rev limiter should help . Hill climbing you'll be raggin it also i'm sure Twisted Evil 
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Fri May 23, 2014 10:11 am

Yes, some ragging does take place...rev limiter/shift light is defo a good idea. Smile
Slim
Slim
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by hakydan Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

richvans wrote:Yeah still standard management, and no AFR Meter, would like to fit one. The engine is fairly standard, except piper 270 cam, FSE, RS fuel pump, Hybrid - standard turbo, medium size behind bumper FMIC, paddle clutch

Just want a bullet proof set up for track days, i did 4 full days, but the last one the head gasket finally gave up, the engines been fully rebuilt since then, and still running it in / tweaking! got a omex rev limiter with shift light to fit as seem to get a back fire / loss of power at top of revs - @7000. Do all Uno turbos do this? My non turbo X19 with similar bottom end etc would rev upto 8000!

If you are running standard management Rich, then you will pobably find that the loss of pwer is due the fuel leaing out at high RPM, this would also account for the head gasket going pop:(
hakydan
hakydan
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down