Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd

5 posters

Go down

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd Empty mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd

Post by st1allstar Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:16 pm

selling my mk1 uno turbo

last owner had it 12 years, mot til jan 2014 and tax til november, was in daily use until i bought it and its now running on 3 cylinders, i dont have the time to play with it,

engine is good very quiet and doesnt smoke,
bodywork is tatty but solid,

ideal for a restoration just needs a clean and some bodywork

dont need to say how rare a mk1 is like this you should already know

£1500 ono

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd 2013-07-14151154_zpse74284f9

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd 2013-07-13185105_zps252e3c3b

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd 2013-07-13185029_zps12777fbf
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd Empty Re: mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd

Post by st1allstar Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 am

1200 anyone??
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd Empty Re: mk1 uno turbo standard and original tax'd and mot'd

Post by robr33gts Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:21 am

did you manage to get the miss fire sorted mate i might know someone ill have a word with him
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am

no its still miss firing, the engine is good and has good compression on all cylinders, i have changed the plugs, leads, dizzy, rotor arm, coil and module, ecu and cleaned up the earths and still it is not firing on the 2nd cylinder, im taking it up to my lockup tomorrow night and will either sell it as a whole or start breaking it,

st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

ill tell me mate that was thinking about getting a mk1 and tell him to get on here and talk to ya about it
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:04 am

I can't remember what you tried exactly Mark, but did you try swapping over no.2 injector with one of the others? If the misfire then moved to another cylinder, then that could suggest the no.2 injector is at fault?
Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Cheap mk1 with t & t at £1200
You could take the injector rail out with it still plugged in and get someone to crank the car over quickly to see if no.2 is spraying the same as the others. Maybe change the o-rings at the same time too. I'd keep a fire extinguisher handy as you never know Shocked 

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:28 pm

The fuel is fine the plug is soaked with petrol, the spark plug isn't sparking on cylinder 2

The car is in my lock up now until I recieve the logbook, might cash the tax in but its a very good project for someone
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:42 pm

st1allstar wrote:   The fuel is fine the plug is soaked with petrol, the spark plug isn't sparking on cylinder 2

That's weird, as you've changed all the logical parts (plugs/ leads/ rotor arm/ dizzy cap) etc., so there's no reason for no.2 not to have a spark Question 

Assuming you've done the check for a spark on no.2 (I'm sure you have), if there still isn't a spark then I'm stumped. If there is, then maybe the injector is faulty and letting too much fuel in and flooding no.2? Or maybe the valve clearances are out? Mind you, the latter if too far out would cause the compression to go wonky, which doesn't appear to be the case.

I wish I could think of something else that might help.

Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

It is a strange one, I have a timing light strobe so it's easy to see if there is or isn't a spark

It's showing 11bar of compression on all cylinders,

st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Silly question time but is the distributor cap sitting properly on it's base, it might be riding high on no.2 if not sitting properly.
Also have you checked for play in the distributor shaft bearing by moving the shaft from side to side.
To me it sounds like your problem lies with the distributor as the other 3 cylinders are sparking as normal.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 am

Tayto.king wrote:Silly question time but is the distributor cap sitting properly on it's base, it might be riding high on no.2 if not sitting properly.
Also have you checked for play in the distributor shaft bearing by moving the shaft from side to side.
To me it sounds like your problem lies with the distributor as the other 3 cylinders are sparking as normal.

I agree with the above. I'd also swap over no.2 injector with one of the others just to see if the problem moves cylinders. Do the same with no.2 spark plug, just as a process of elimination. If there is still no change, then the fault has to lie in the HT side of the ignition circuit (rotor arm, dizzy cap, leads). We've all experienced buying new parts only to find out that very occasionally they were faulty, so the new spark plugs need to be ruled out of the equation.
Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 am

I have already checked the plug, injectors are fine, nothing wrong with dizzy cap either

I've had enough of it, it's in my lockup now til it's sold or broken,

I can help with transporting the car if needed, as its still tax'd mot'd and insured so can be towed with a towing bar
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

my mum had this very problem and in her case it turned out to be a crack or rather two cracks in her cylinder head.
before anyone shoots me i'm not saying that's the case here just what happened with the same symptoms on my mums punto gt.
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down