Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turbo Van conversion?

+2
robr33gts
Chas Uno
6 posters

Go down

Turbo Van conversion? Empty Turbo Van conversion?

Post by Chas Uno Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 am

Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Turbo Van conversion? Empty Re: Turbo Van conversion?

Post by robr33gts Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:46 am

not read the description but price doesnt seem bad for the look of it in the pics
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Unograle Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:12 am

Hmmm, bloody good value as is but, it would have to run a cat strictly speaking... Neutral 
Unograle
Unograle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunc Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:52 am

Not actually true paul.

WIth an engine conversion, the emmissions are tested on whichever is older...the car or the engine. E.g an 1967 mgb fitted with a 2010 engine (whatever its from) would only have to pass 1967 emmissions. Like wise, a 2000 plate car fitted with a 1980 engine for example would only have to pass 1980 emmissions test.

I found all this out from VOSA when enquiring about my uno. My 1992 uno only had to pass 1988 emmissions as thats when my twincam engine was from :-)

Regards the uno van, got that on my watch list already hehe

Dunc
Dunc
Dunc
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by lewey Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am

Dunc wrote:Not actually true paul.

WIth an engine conversion, the emmissions are tested on whichever is older...the car or the engine. E.g an 1967 mgb fitted with a 2010 engine (whatever its from) would only have to pass 1967 emmissions. Like wise, a 2000 plate car fitted with a 1980 engine for example would only have to pass 1980 emmissions test.

I found all this out from VOSA when enquiring about my uno. My 1992 uno only had to pass 1988 emmissions as thats when my twincam engine was from :-)

Dunc
Although this is legally true, it is harder than just turning up and telling the MOT guy that the engine is old? Thought you needed written proof from the manufacturer or other official type company that the engine was made whenever it was. Did you get the modified MOT test Dunc, or was it just a positive enquiry?

New engine with old car always works though and is what I rely on a fair bit.
lewey
lewey
2nd gear
2nd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Unograle Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Dunc wrote:Not actually true paul.

Dunc

News to me scratch  so does that apply to cars from 2001 too with all the new legislation n'all that.... ? think 
Unograle
Unograle

Back to top Go down

Post by lewey Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Unograle wrote:News to me scratch  so does that apply to cars from 2001 too with all the new legislation n'all that.... ? think 
It applies to all year cars theoretically, but if you are changing the car's original emissions requirements it is not going to be automatically applied. Changing the emissions class of a newer 2001+ vehicle probably would change the taxation requirements with it.
lewey
lewey
2nd gear
2nd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Had one of these a few years back and not a bad van.
Sold it to some crusty from Brighton who 2 weeks later hit the back of another car and did a runner. Police came to my address but worked out that i was 1' taller,didn't look like i needed wash,no dreadlocks and lived 90 miles away so it probably wasn't me.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down