Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few MK2 probs

3 posters

Go down

A few MK2 probs Empty A few MK2 probs

Post by vern Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 am

Will put this in here aswell as in my project thread.

Interior heater fan not working, poss fuse some where?

Rad Fan not kicking it, temp gets to half way 90degrees and still nothing

Lumpy tick over, had new plugs, rotor arm and dizzy cap, so perhaps leads,bad fuel and i have a fuel filter togo on aswell?

Brake pedal very spongey still, more air in the system perhaps? the split in the brake servo pipe could this have draged air into the system or poss brake master cylinder screwed?

Reverse gear unable to select but can 1st gear ect, linkeage feels very very loose also.
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

A few MK2 probs Empty Re: A few MK2 probs

Post by Unograle Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 am

vern wrote:Brake pedal very spongey still, more air in the system perhaps? the split in the brake servo pipe could this have draged air into the system or poss brake master cylinder screwed?.

Sounds typical of a master cylinder gone, but if you have plenty of brake fluid and don't mind wasting a bit, it's worth disconnecting the spring to the compensator valve, keeping the lever raised as far as it will go and then, get someone to bleed the fluid through before you spend money on a new master cylinder.

Check seals on the calipers too mate for leakage.

Wink
Unograle
Unograle

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_racing Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:48 am

Lumpy tickover - perhaps the injectors need cleaning & calibrating? I had a full set of 5 done for my Coupé last year after one had failed and I couldn't believe how much smoother it ran, particularly on tickover.
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum