Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mk1 turbo on ebay

+2
Tayto.king
robr33gts
6 posters

Go down

mk1 turbo on ebay Empty mk1 turbo on ebay

Post by robr33gts Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 am

robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

mk1 turbo on ebay Empty Re: mk1 turbo on ebay

Post by Tayto.king Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 am

And it's in London Shocked
Scuttle panel is seriously rotten though.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Fri May 24, 2013 8:31 am

yeah worst scuttle panel i seen cant really see much more rust but the listing says it has and knowing unos sure it has more
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_racing Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am

A shame to see another mk1 being broken for spares (especially as it looks pretty original & unmolested) but who knows what's lurking under the skin...
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am

jas_racing wrote:A shame to see another mk1 being broken for spares (especially as it looks pretty original & unmolested) but who knows what's lurking under the skin...

yeah some one needs to rescue it and put it back to mint condition
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_racing Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 am

robr33gts wrote:
jas_racing wrote:A shame to see another mk1 being broken for spares (especially as it looks pretty original & unmolested) but who knows what's lurking under the skin...

yeah some one needs to rescue it and put it back to mint condition
Definitely! Any takers on here??
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean J Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm

How much do you knowledgable lot think its worth?

Dean J
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Fri May 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Hard to say without seeing it in the flesh and checking the usual places for rot. It won't just be the scuttle panel that's rotten it'll be the panels under that too, i bet the floor is soaked every time it rains too. I've had to cut the front off a clean scrapyard Uno before, drill out the spotwelds and graft that complete secion into a turbo because the scuttle panel had gone and taken out the other panels around it, was a Big headache.
Call the owner and view the car before bidding.
It's a cat D so will never be worth it's Full money once restored.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by jas_racing Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah it could only be fit for re-shelling but you never know, it could be pretty solid. Best to take a look in person & have a VERY good poke around in all the usual suspect areas. Even rotters seem to fetch reasonable money now though (as donor cars), I seem to recall one a few months ago going for £800 ish? If it's solid though you might be looking at two or three times that?
jas_racing
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Sat May 25, 2013 3:07 am

it will be rotten, only fit for a re-shell,
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean J Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 am

I don't know much about these cars but do re shelled cars command decent money once done?

Are the shells/body panels the same as the whole UNO range? Obviously only the 2 doors and mk1's

Dean J
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Sat May 25, 2013 4:35 am

The car was used up till two months ago,it might be salvageable. I'd be getting down to see the car and weigh it up,before someone else buys it.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sat May 25, 2013 5:31 am

Dean J wrote:I don't know much about these cars but do re shelled cars command decent money once done?

Are the shells/body panels the same as the whole UNO range? Obviously only the 2 doors and mk1's

yeah all the 2 door shells are the same even the mk2 can b used i believe to reshell a mk1 but the front panel and wings would have to b changed for mk1 items as obviously there diffrent
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 am

Dean J wrote:

Pretty much.

Very early mk1's ('B' reg and earlier) are missing most of the mounting holes for the later turbo equipment. Not exactly an issue as very early non turbo Unos are nearly extinct.

I believe some mid term mk1 shells won't have the access hole in the bulkhead for the top change gearbox gear lever rod - not a major issue as it can be added if required.

Later mk1 doors have the pressings to fit both mk1 and mk2 interior trim and door release mechanism. Earlier mk1 doors do not.

The mounting points for the rear tailgate (and the hinges I believe) are different between mk1 and mk2. Again, mounting points can be modified and a number of mk2 owners have managed to fit mk1 Turbo tailgates (you will need to fit mk1 lights too if doing this conversion).

Front wings are different between mk1 and mk2. Some people say that the front headlight/ radiator panel at the front is also different but I'm not sure of this.

Also, the front windscreens are different sizes (slightly) between mk1 and mk2. I've also heard that there are two types available for the mk1's?

Suspension and braking are virtually identical, as are all the subframe and engine/ gearbox mounting points. Mechanically not a great deal of difference between mk1 and mk2, though the interiors are very different (in looks) though they are almost interchangeable .

That's pretty much it as far as I know.
Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sat May 25, 2013 9:16 am

Chas Uno wrote:
Dean J wrote:

Pretty much.

Very early mk1's ('B' reg and earlier) are missing most of the mounting holes for the later turbo equipment. Not exactly an issue as very early non turbo Unos are nearly extinct.

I believe some mid term mk1 shells won't have the access hole in the bulkhead for the top change gearbox gear lever rod - not a major issue as it can be added if required.

Later mk1 doors have the pressings to fit both mk1 and mk2 interior trim and door release mechanism. Earlier mk1 doors do not.

The mounting points for the rear tailgate (and the hinges I believe) are different between mk1 and mk2. Again, mounting points can be modified and a number of mk2 owners have managed to fit mk1 Turbo tailgates (you will need to fit mk1 lights too if doing this conversion).

Front wings are different between mk1 and mk2. Some people say that the front headlight/ radiator panel at the front is also different but I'm not sure of this.

Also, the front windscreens are different sizes (slightly) between mk1 and mk2. I've also heard that there are two types available for the mk1's?

Suspension and braking are virtually identical, as are all the subframe and engine/ gearbox mounting points. Mechanically not a great deal of difference between mk1 and mk2, though the interiors are very different (in looks) though they are almost interchangeable .

That's pretty much it as far as I know.

didnt realise some of that but i know the front panel is diffrent the mk1 has fairly round headlight holes as the mk2 are fairly rectangle
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean J Sun May 26, 2013 2:59 am

If this stays at reasonable money I'll stick a bid in I reckon.

I'll see if I can pop over and see it on the Tuesday too. Only working a few miles away, but it means I have to drive in.

Out of curiosity, what would a minty restored mk1 re shelled command?

Dean J
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Sun May 26, 2013 8:42 am

one recently went for 5k but not sure if it was a reshell id say not far of that if it was mint
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Sun May 26, 2013 9:30 am

robr33gts wrote:one recently went for 5k but not sure if it was a reshell id say not far of that if it was mint

As far as i know that was an original shell Uno Turbo and it was immaculate.
The only difference between a Uno turbo and a very good re-shell will be on the logbook, it wouldn't bother me that much but it will put some people off or at least they'll want the car for a cheaper price.
There are some very high quality re-shells on here, i'd aim to equal their quality of work.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean J Tue May 28, 2013 1:45 am

Thanks guys. I'll stick a bid in. If it makes more than I'd hole, I'll have a butchers at it tomorrow.

Finding mk1's for sale is so bloody hard!

Dean J
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Wed May 29, 2013 7:09 am

Cheap at £650. Someone got a bargain.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Wed May 29, 2013 7:19 am

Tayto.king wrote:Cheap at £650. Someone got a bargain.

i thought that did anyone on here buy it
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto.king Wed May 29, 2013 7:33 am

I bid up to £555 and was going to chuck in a £700 bid at the last few seconds but changed my mind.
I would of tried my arse off to save the shell.

Tayto.king
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by robr33gts Wed May 29, 2013 7:45 am

i would of had a bid if i had the money structually it didnt look to bad but you can never tell till you start pulling it apart my 45 shell didnt look bad but keep finding holes lol
robr33gts
robr33gts
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down