Retro Show 7th July 2013

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by Unograle on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 am

charliemk1 wrote:Good stuff lads, looked like an excellent day out Very Happy 

Who's getting into 13's first then?

Maybe Gary if he has a decent dump before going up the strip, fits his poly carb windows, and gets his arse into gear and fits that Omex management eh ET ??

Very Happy 
avatar
Unograle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 115
Join date : 2013-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 am

charliemk1 wrote:Good stuff lads, looked like an excellent day out Very Happy 

Who's getting into 13's first then?

I was going to try but mines still not running.
Was a great day and always great to chat and meet people on here.
Well done to UJA and rick for getting the low 14s.

avatar
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 306
Join date : 2013-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Stowmarket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by richvans on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:57 am

Great videos

Does look a fun day:D 
avatar
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Posts : 220
Join date : 2013-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by charliemk1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:21 am

This has got me back in the mood again Very Happy. The last time I was up the 1/4 mile was 1990 something? (14.58)

All I need now is another Uno to run against?... Now where is that Bill (unot190bhp) lol
avatar
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Posts : 293
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 53
Location : Dundee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by unot190bhp on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 am

here we go again lol al have buy the end of summer m8 al be having the fastest uno in scotland on here lol
avatar
unot190bhp
4th gear
4th gear

Posts : 157
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 31
Location : girvan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by charliemk1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

Bring it on Bad Boy... I'm looking forward to it cheers 
avatar
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Posts : 293
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 53
Location : Dundee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by UJA on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Unograle wrote:
charliemk1 wrote:Good stuff lads, looked like an excellent day out Very Happy 

Who's getting into 13's first then?

Maybe Gary if he has a decent dump before going up the strip, fits his poly carb windows, and gets his arse into gear and fits that Omex management eh ET ??

Very Happy 

HAHAHAHA Mate a good clearout would deffo gain me a couple tenths up the 1/4 mile HAHA Laughing

Yes I do have to get my arse into gear, brakes, ECU, cam, cooler, BOOST & setup

UJA
2nd gear
2nd gear

Posts : 42
Join date : 2013-01-28
Location : Barnet, London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by gtirx2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 am

Heres a good vid of the days events filmed by the renault turbo owners club,maybe the 5 turbos were suffering from the heat with some of the times they were running.

Also has got Garys fastest run at 20.10...



_________________
Cup of oil and slice of cam :-0
avatar
gtirx2
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Kent

View user profile http://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by jas_racing on Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 am

gtirx2 wrote:Heres a good vid of the days events filmed by the renault turbo owners club,maybe the 5 turbos were suffering from the heat with some of the times they were running.
I'm in the vid at about 00:10 and 01:27, stood behind my mate's Raider Smile
avatar
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 40
Location : Peterborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by gtirx2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 am

jas_racing wrote:
gtirx2 wrote:Heres a good vid of the days events filmed by the renault turbo owners club,maybe the 5 turbos were suffering from the heat with some of the times they were running.
I'm in the vid at about 00:10 and 01:27, stood behind my mate's Raider Smile


Think i may of had a nosey around that car,was it a dead stock raider?

Oh and sorry i did not chat much mate,god knows what i was up to tbh, proberly just sweating and keeping one eye on my mate that was 8 pints up by then and still going strong Laughing 

_________________
Cup of oil and slice of cam :-0
avatar
gtirx2
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Kent

View user profile http://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by jas_racing on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 am

gtirx2 wrote:
jas_racing wrote:
gtirx2 wrote:Heres a good vid of the days events filmed by the renault turbo owners club,maybe the 5 turbos were suffering from the heat with some of the times they were running.
I'm in the vid at about 00:10 and 01:27, stood behind my mate's Raider Smile


Think i may of had a nosey around that car,was it a dead stock raider?

Oh and sorry i did not chat much mate,god knows what i was up to tbh, proberly just sweating and keeping one eye on my mate that was 8 pints up by then and still going strong Laughing 
Yep, the one with the "Raider" number plates. It's 'stock' on the outside at least Wink The dent in the driver's door was only done the day before when he was working on his R5 Cup car (ex race car), lost his balance and tumbled back into the door of the Raider...gutted!

Oh and no worries, I was grateful to be able to have a good nose under the bonnet of your car to suss the fan & dim-dip wiring that I've been scratching my head over for ages! Smile
avatar
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 40
Location : Peterborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by gtirx2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 am

jas_racing wrote:
gtirx2 wrote:
jas_racing wrote:
gtirx2 wrote:Heres a good vid of the days events filmed by the renault turbo owners club,maybe the 5 turbos were suffering from the heat with some of the times they were running.
I'm in the vid at about 00:10 and 01:27, stood behind my mate's Raider Smile


Think i may of had a nosey around that car,was it a dead stock raider?

Oh and sorry i did not chat much mate,god knows what i was up to tbh, proberly just sweating and keeping one eye on my mate that was 8 pints up by then and still going strong Laughing 
Yep, the one with the "Raider" number plates.  It's 'stock' on the outside at least ;)The dent in the driver's door was only done the day before when he was working on his R5 Cup car (ex race car), lost his balance and tumbled back into the door of the Raider...gutted!

Oh and no worries, I was grateful to be able to have a good nose under the bonnet of your car to suss the fan & dim-dip wiring that I've been scratching my head over for ages! Smile

I actually done a simular thing working on a vr6 i had,i slipped off a bolt and dented my gtir's door with my arse Laughing  Mad 

I think the dim dip wiring is correct but my rad fan wiring has been modded to run off a switch in the car,one of the plugs now go's to the switch in the car instead of the resister coil thing that controls the high/low speed just so that your aware lol!

_________________
Cup of oil and slice of cam :-0
avatar
gtirx2
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Kent

View user profile http://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by gtirx2 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

Got this old pic if your wire colours are the same...


_________________
Cup of oil and slice of cam :-0
avatar
gtirx2
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Kent

View user profile http://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by jas_racing on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 am

gtirx2 wrote:Got this old pic if your wire colours are the same...

Thanks dude, they are the same & your pick helps a lot Smile The only drawback now is that I realised last night that I haven't got the resistor! What a joy it is to put back together something that someone else pulled apart 15 years ago...
avatar
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 40
Location : Peterborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by charliemk1 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:04 am

If you join the white wire from the radiator switch onto the double black wire, it does away with the resistor

avatar
charliemk1
Uno Veteran
Uno Veteran

Posts : 293
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 53
Location : Dundee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:00 am

A bit late but heres my pictures of the retro show roll on next year:D 













































































































avatar
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 306
Join date : 2013-01-28
Age : 32
Location : Stowmarket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by gtirx2 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 am

Quality pics mate some real nice cars there,that escort is the true definition of mint Shocked  

Looking like i need to go on another diet or two though from that piccy Neutral ,also see you have captured my two pinted friend Laughing 

_________________
Cup of oil and slice of cam :-0
avatar
gtirx2
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 300
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 34
Location : Kent

View user profile http://fiatunoturboowners.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by Unograle on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:55 am

gtirx2 wrote:Quality pics mate some real nice cars there,that escort is the true definition of mint Shocked  

Looking like i need to go on another diet or two though from that piccy Neutral ,also see you have captured my two pinted friend Laughing 

Lol Worz, no cup of tea and slice of cake for you then matey...? Very Happy  Tell you what, i reckon everyone will be on Exlax next year to get those vital 0.00 seconds in for their times Laughing Laughing 

Superb shots as mentioned, looked a great day, i will be going next year for sure Twisted Evil 
avatar
Unograle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 115
Join date : 2013-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by jas_racing on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:23 am

charliemk1 wrote:If you join the white wire from the radiator switch onto the double black wire, it does away with the resistor
Yes I spent some time studying the wiring diagram last night and came to this conclusion, so you've confirmed it for me, muchos ta Smile I want mine to work as Fiat intended though so I'm looking at buying a 100w aluminium-housed resistor in the absence of the OEM item, 1 or maybe 1.5ohms, to do the job. I note that the dim-dip resistor is marked as 1.7ohms per side, not that mine will be functional as although it will be in place & connected under the bonnet for OEM looks I won't have the fuse & relay in place under the dash (the dim-dip system isn`t compatible with the relay mods I've added to the loom for the headlights).
avatar
jas_racing
5th gear
5th gear

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 40
Location : Peterborough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by vern on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:42 am

Great pics, shall def get here next year in mine fingers crossed.

Shame about that nasty vent on that lovely Dimma Pug though.
avatar
vern
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 272
Join date : 2013-01-27
Location : East sussex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Retro Show 7th July 2013

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum