Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting up an FSE power boost valve

4 posters

Go down

Setting up an FSE power boost valve Empty Setting up an FSE power boost valve

Post by richvans Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 am

I was going to wait to add this when i've added the T25 turbo, but i'm still getting a splatter / lack of power at full revs, so have fitted it today (the new bigger intercooler seems to really help - hidden behind the bumper!)

I have the extra gauge screwed onto the spare port (supposed to be used just to set up)

Ive set it to tick over at 2.5bar, is that correct?

I was expecting to see the gauge rise when revs increased, it seems to rise to 3 bar when first revved then drops back! does that sound right? thought i better check here before i give it a drive!

Also if i put my hand on the fuel lines around the filter when its running i can feel a chug - chug, which might be the fuel pump struggling or is this normal?

cheers rich
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Setting up an FSE power boost valve Empty Re: Setting up an FSE power boost valve

Post by st1allstar Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 am

you need a wideband to set up a fse, you could easily melt your engine with the fueling wrong

i would solve your spluttering problem first, could be a knackered fuel pump blocked filter etc
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Setting up an FSE power boost valve Empty Re: Setting up an FSE power boost valve

Post by richvans Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 pm

I thought the spluttering may be due to a lack of fuel pressure, as i've had the same thing when corning hard on only 1/4 tank of fuel, fuel starvation, had visions of the engine melting with the standard fuel pressure reg!

Could be the pump though so will try that first

Fitting a new fuel filter and RS turbo pump this weekend, if it turns up tomorrow
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by st1allstar Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:30 am

My uno does exactly the same it splutters when it's low on fuel, I'm still using the standard regulator on mine and the fueling is fine,

Let us know how you get on with replacing the pump I wanna do the same
st1allstar
st1allstar
Over boosting
Over boosting

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Thu May 30, 2013 11:56 pm

when mine was rolling roaded with hybrid and that the fse was set about 3 bar with the vac off the fse think that around the limit of the uno injecters anyway around 3-3.5bar.

so u be fine around that area Smile
Byron
Byron
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

Cheers, i set it to 3 after a bit of playing around, it really helps in acceleration and the plugs look the right sort of colour

I've have since done a trackday with no probs

In the process of changing the turbo to a T25 with a forge actuator. Will then get it rolling roaded, it will be interesting to see and difference in power
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 am

ah nice Smile mine was rolling road at 177bhp at 1.2 bar boost, ive had it like 24-25 psi maaaan it used to go some got scared of melting something but once neva hurts! :p
Byron
Byron
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri May 31, 2013 3:57 am

Sounds real good, i have no idea what mines running at, it flies but that maybe because its all stripped out
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by vern Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 am

Have to take me out in it Rich when shes set up.
vern
vern

Back to top Go down

Post by richvans Fri May 31, 2013 4:12 am

Yes mate no probs, i do most testing around Ditchling Beacon lol

Hope to do another track day in the summer, prob Brands Hatch

Byron where did you take it for the rolling road? or anyone else got any recommendations?

i'm in Brighton, but anywhere in the south if they have good experience with Unos or Puntos
richvans
richvans
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 am

Think my one was done at pts tuning in luton meant to have abit bad rep but did a good job with mine!

Ive been working in brighton! Havent seen u about :p!
Byron
Byron
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down