Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anybody no anything about this

+2
Mintys-turbo-mk1
doody
6 posters

Go down

does anybody no anything about this Empty does anybody no anything about this

Post by doody Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:26 am

I'm thinking of buying this, just want to know if this is as good as it looks?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261288082333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

does anybody no anything about this Empty Re: does anybody no anything about this

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 am

Looks clean mate go and have a look. I would like to buy another uno to use as a run around.
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

does anybody no anything about this Empty Re: does anybody no anything about this

Post by Chas Uno Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 am

Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 pm

ok thanks guys.

i'm was asking because my "supposedly" really good condition uno is turning into a not such good condition uno Mad 
the more sealant i remove the worst it gets. this car has serious rust now.Shocked 
the boot floor where it meets the turret on the drivers side is rotten, those patches under the bonnet are rotten when i removed the wings as is the edge where you mount the wing.
there's surface rust in the roof under those strips. n/s rear arch is going to have to be replaced.
rear valence part will need a bit of welding at the ends & my welding skills are not that great.
i'm pleased i didn't sell it now as i would of felt so guilty passing this one on.

i so wish i kept my grey uno now it needed a little welding but not like this one.
i know some of you would find this not beyond repair however for me it would be so much cheaper to find a good shell & re-shell it.

i've lost all enthusiasm in the car to be honest and uno's in general, have done for a few months now, i miss my multipla lol, i'm getting old i think.

i really miss driving the uno but it's so much work ahead of me. pale
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas Uno Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Doody, it's still worth checking out and making your own decision. You never know, maybe you'll think it's not quite so bad and worth a punt.

Unfortunately with the newest Unos heading towards 20 years old, rust is going almost guaranteed on most unrestored examples left. Even my 2 x 70SX with 75K and 46K miles both have rust bad enough to require welding.
Chas Uno
Chas Uno
4th gear
4th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Mintys-turbo-mk1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:03 am

If you won't a mint uno then buy sam's mk2, it's mint.
Mintys-turbo-mk1
Mintys-turbo-mk1
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by doody Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:07 am

thanks guys.

chas: i know what your saying but this car looked so good especially in the boot area and all i did was pull the seam sealant off.

mark: that white one was only about 7 miles from me but think that was sold weeks ago.
i haven't decided what to do with it to be honest. i would still prefer a proper uno turbo as opposed to a re-shell, i'm just a bit deflated i think at the min.

minty: i've seen sams car up close and i do like, i love the colour but i want mine to look mostly standard with all the seats in really.
doody
doody
5th gear
5th gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Biz Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 am

Have you seen my one doody?

I like to think I've taken some good pictures.
Biz
Biz
3rd gear
3rd gear

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyq Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am

dean my mrs moans less then you ,and weve just got a new tumble drier:D 
jimmyq
jimmyq
1st gear
1st gear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum